Monday, August 24, 2009

Blog Journal #0




I consider myself fairly well-versed when it comes to technology. I've done a few projects involing Microsoft Powerpoint and have also written many papers using Miscrosoft Word. Most of my time on the computer is spent on Facebook where I do things like post pictures online and write on my friend's walls. Another experience I had with technology was in highschool when one of my teachers assigned us to use the 'Smart boards' to do a presentation.

In this class I hope to learn more about the small details of technology that can greatly enhance project, presentations, etc. I also want to learn more about useful ways to use technology to present ideas and learning material in a class room. Blogging is another new concept to me so I would like to learn more about what exactly people use blogs for and how to customize them.

I thought it was very interesting taking the quiz today about my learning style. I learned that I'm fairly in the middle when it comes to visual vs. verbal (although I have a slight preference for visual). I am also more of an active learner rather than reflective because I like to learn by doing things. I am also definitely more intuitive than sensible because I tend to prefer discussing ideas and theories rather then straight facts. I'm also in the middle when it comes to being global vs. sequential. I think this is because I unfderstand the big picture in things and I also like learning in steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment