Sunday, October 4, 2009

Post 4

I think that as a teacher, I would definitely encourage my students to use the outlining technique presented in chapter seven because I feel as though its a great way for students to organize their ideas and understand how things work.  I think one technology I would use to achieve this would be Microsoft Word because it allows for so many tools that can add tables, graph, graphics, bullets, etc.

I would encourage my students to develop, outline, idea map, and storyboard because these things lead to better organization which ultimately leads to better learning.  When ideas are jumbled around in notebooks or random handouts students tend to disregard or even loose important information.  Thats why I feel these concepts make learning so much easier.  

I think that the mail merge tool will be especially useful to my teaching career because it makes letter writing so much easier! I never knew how teachers were about to send home so many notes and address them all correctly (I thought they did this all individually which would be very time consuming).  This tool will be especially useful to my educational career because as a teacher I want to be able to successfully communicate with the students parents.   

5 comments:

  1. I agree, I would also encourage my students to develop outlines and idea maps etc. I think they make learning much easier as well. good job :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree mail merge is a great technique to have as a teacher and it does make sending out information more easier.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You bring up a good point about story boards being a better organizational tool than a binder of jumbled handouts. I wasn't able to see how story boards were resourceful, but comparing it to something less effective did the trick. Also, I completely forgot about mail merge when I spoke of what I thought was most helpful. (And I too thought teachers did each letter individually.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think getting some students to do the idea maps will be a challenge, but I do agree that in the end it will help them more than keeping a bunch of handouts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I definitely agree with your notion that story boards, outlines, and maps encourage students to stay organized. It's very overwhelming as a student to have a jumbled mess of ideas that you don't know what to do with. Maps and outlines can definitely help students organize their ideas and help them become better writers. I too am going to use mail merge on a regular basis as a teacher. I'm pretty sure the mail merge is the most valuable skill we've learned yet, it's very convenient and I'm sure we will be using it often! Great Post!

    ReplyDelete