Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Blog Post 8

I believe that I can adopt Web Quest in my project (teaching French to 8th graders) because it is a very useful tool when trying to find new information about a topic that one may not be so sure about.  I would like to create a Web Quest for students to use when learning about the object pronouns in French.  I think it would be fun to create and interacting fill-in-the-blank sentence game for students to use when practicing their pronouns. 

A good example of a web quest that I found would be an interactive trip to France.  The task goes as follows: "Your task as a "family" is to search the net for places in France that fit your interests, "visit" these places, gather information, and take "photos" of the places you visit. When you get back "home" you will put all of the information and "photos" into a scrapbook so you can have a place for all of your family's memories of your trip to France."  I think this is a very creative idea and will really keep the students engaged and interested in virtually exploring France.   

I think one of the most important new skills I learned last week would be through the use of Excel.  I was never really very good at setting up spread sheets that actually make sense.  I also didn't know about the various different functions in Excel especially the IF function.  This function will definitely come in handy in my educational career because it will allow me to set up my grade book more efficiently.  

No comments:

Post a Comment